4ocean is on a mission to save the world’s oceans, and we are looking for a Project Manager for our International Cleanup Operations crew to help us advance our cause.
About This Position
Reporting to the Director of Cleanup Operations, you will get to play an integral part in helping 4ocean grow our ocean cleanup program internationally. This role will be based at our HQ in Boca Raton, Florida, with some international travel required.
Other fun stuff you’ll get to do:
Ensure global cleanup operations run smoothly:
- Validate data received from international teams including ocean trash collection, conversion of collected materials to re-useable materials, etc.
- Collaborate with leadership ensuring that resources and equipment are strategically allocated to scale local operations and meet company goals and timelines.
- Implement safety programs with the ocean cleanup teams as we open new cleanup locations
- Assist the Director as needed with budget and expense management
Research new cleanup locations around the world:
- Research local culture, labor laws, real estate, economy, environmental impact, risk management, financial implications, environmental laws, equipment needed to achieve results, etc. to help
- Build pitch decks to present data & findings to make suggestions/recommendations on new countries
- Work in conjunction with Director of Cleanup Operations to collaborate with Country Managers on how to improve their operations
Travel to unique ocean cleanup locations as required:
- Meet with government officials, local business professionals and citizens as you get to know the “lay of the land” and learn about the risks & opportunities ahead.
- Get hands on with our cleanup teams jumping in to help where & when needed
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Cleanup Operations to make strategic, long-term business decisions that will allow 4ocean to have a greater impact on the ocean pollution crisis.
As the new Project Manager joining the international ocean cleanup crew, you will bring at least 4 years of relevant project management experience. You have a proven track record collaborating with cross-functional teams, inspiring & driving others to achieve more than they ever thought they could. Transparency and accuracy are core to your beliefs, and you are naturally driven by doing good in the world & leaving a lasting, positive affect on our ocean.
Here are a few other things we will need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Intermediate level MS Excel & PowerPoint skills
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- Prior experience using warehouse management systems (WMS) with a thorough understanding of how inventory & shipping works
- Proven experience with project management tools (eg. Smartsheets, Gant Charts, etc)
- A solid background working with or implementing safety programs
- Willing to roll up your sleeves & get your hands dirty (literally) as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Comfort in a fast-paced, always changing start-up environment
- Team-first, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Drive to play an important role in a business that makes a difference in the world
- Personal passion for sustainability and cleaning the world’s oceans
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the maritime industry
- Bilingual or multi-lingual in French and/or Spanish
- International shipping experience
- Brightpearl and/or Smartsheets experience
It is also super important that all 4ocean crew members naturally live and embrace our core values:
- Ocean first
- Be transparent
- Nudge, don’t judge
- Small acts add up
- We’re all in this together
- Move fast
- Think Bigger
- Be an owner
Job Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Application Website: Apply here