This position would be a good fit for someone interested in developing skills in program management, marketing, marine science or education. Also for someone passionate about research, education, and equity. Position is based out of Sitka Alaska. The Rural Alaska Students in One Health Research (RASOR) program is a grant-funded educational opportunity for rural high school Students in Southeast Alaska. RASOR students completed locally relevant mentored research projects in their home communities while earning college credit. Research focuses on a culturally relevant one-health approach that emphasizes the connections between human, animal and environmental health.
- Manage email, phone mail and social media communication with program participants (high school students) and their families.
- Maintain program social media (Facebook, Instagram).
- Manage program marketing: designing and deploying flyers, mailings, branded equipment, web ads.
- Assisting with developing scientific content for an ocean science quiz competition
- Assist with program scheduling
- Assisting with quality control on program content
- Manage email communication with program participants
- Adhere to university trainings and policies in safety, and confidentiality.
Located on the ancestral homeland of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian peoples, the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) is fully committed to advancing the education and research aspirations of Indigenous peoples and is committed to ongoing work toward decolonization. These efforts are reflected in our UAS programs and formal community partnerships across our three campuses and throughout all of Southeast Alaska.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Critical thinking.
· Give and received positive constructive criticism
· Working well in a team.
· Being flexible.
· Determination and persistence.
· Willingness to learn new skills.
· Computer literary and experience with Zoom, Microsoft Office, and Google Applications.
· Current Alaska Driver’s License (or ability to get one).
· Work is most intense and must occur in person in October and early November.
- Previous employment or residency in rural Alaska community or tribal college, tribe, school or reservation.
- Previous experience with program marketing, using Canva, Mail Chimp, WhenIsGood, Facebook, Instagram, Blackboard, Zoom and DocuSign.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Oceanography, Fisheries, Marine Biology, Education, Indigenous Studies or Marketing would be relevant.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, a very short (1-2 paragraph) letter explaining why you are interested in the position, and the contact information for three (3) references.
Application review will begin immediately on a first-come basis. This position will remain open until filled.
If you have any questions about the position duties, please contact Dr. Ellen Chenoweth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: University of Alaska
Job Location: Sitka, Alaska
Duration: Full-Time – Temporary
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Application Website: Apply here