Updated July 2018
- Revision of policies and permitting processes to accommodate emerging needs.
- Smart growth/land-planning initiatives
- Hold annual meeting to communicate resource managers needs – before Sea Grant and Coastal Incentive Grant deadlines
- Series of “issues” papers on website to identify needs (issues paper that ID data gaps)
- Rapid response vs. emergent issues – need protocol to handle each of these
- Long-term research vision that incorporates management needs and scientists interest – symposium?
- Take research priorities to Sea Grant and Coastal Advisory Committee as information to incorporate into theme setting
- Better educate Coastal Advisory Committee members regarding coastwide research needs and priorities
- Directed projects through Coastal Advisory Committee and Sea Grant – is this possible?
- Data coordination
- Topic-specific education opportunities
- Have workshop similar to Coop. Science Center (NOAA – SSU) to influence incoming applications
- Include those individuals that are “well connected”