Database Reports and Design Documentation
Reports and Publications
Alber, M., Sheldon, W.M. Jr., Laporte, C. and Douce, T. 2012. Water quality metadatabase for the South Atlantic Landscape Conservation Cooperative. In: Natural Resource Report NPS/SECN/NRR—2012/581. National Park Service, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Sheldon, W.M. Jr., Laporte, C., Douce, T. and Alber, M. 2011. A Coastal Water Quality Metadata Database for the Southeast U.S.A. In: Carroll, G.D. (editor). Georgia Water Resources Conference: Watershed Informatics. Proceedings of the 2011 Georgia Water Resources Conference, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.
Sheldon, W.M. Jr., Laporte, C., Carpenter, J.P. and Alber, M. 2009. Southeast Coastal Water Quality Monitoring Metadata Tools - Database and Web Applications. In: Natural Resource Report NPS/SECN/NRR—2009/159. National Park Service, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Sheldon, W.M. Jr., Laporte, C., Douce, T. and Alber, M. 2011. A Coastal Water Quality Metadata Database for the Southeast U.S.A. 2011 Georgia Water Resources Conference, April 2011, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.
Water Quality Inventory & Monitoring Program Database Web Services
RESTful web service interfaces have been developed to augment the Site Search web form, and to facilitate exchange of monitoring program and site information with other databases and web portals. Note that web services are deployed on the database server, but requests are reverse-proxied through a web application on the portal web site to permit access logging and provide additional input validation. Please contact the database administrator if you have any additional questions about these services.
NPS Workshop, Hollings Marine Lab (05-Jun-2008)
Workshop Materials (for historic reference only)
- Water Quality Parameters (Draft May 2008) (MS Excel)
- Water Quality Monitoring Location Entry Template (MS Excel)
- Water Quality Metadata Database Presentation (05-Jun-2008) (MS PowerPoint)
- Water Quality Metadata Database Design (Draft 1.0, June 2008) (Acrobat PDF)
- Coastal Zone GIS Layers
- Coastal Zone GIS Images by State (Acrobat PDF)
- Draft Water Quality Metadata template for Google Earth Display (KML/XML)
- Report in Adobe Acrobat format (get Acrobat Reader)
- Report in Rich Text format (Microsoft Word®, Sun Open Office®)